Since 1987, WRC’s Immigrant Legal Services (ILS) has been committed to providing professional, compassionate and affordable immigration-related legal assistance and representation to low income immigrants and refugees in the Chicago metropolitan area.
ILS staff are bilingual in English and Spanish. In 1991, World Relief''s ILS department became recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice’s Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) as an agency authorized to provide legal services to immigrants.
Walk-in Consultation Hours
IMMIGRATION & CITIZENSHIP CONSULTATIONS- If you have a new immigration question or case, come during our Walk-In Day: Every Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 am. A $50 fee will be charged for the initial consultation. For additional legal services, affordable fees will be assessed.
APPOINTMENTS ALSO AVAILABLE - You can make an appointment by calling us at (773) 583-9191 or email Chicago@wr.org Confidential ILS services include:
- Consultations to determine eligibility for immigration benefits and naturalization
- Applications for U.S. citizenship
- Family-based petitions, including consular processing
- Applications for permanent residence for refugees, asylees, persons paroled in the public interest and immigrants in general.
- Applications for Work permits
- Applications for Travel Documents and Re-entry Permits
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Applications for U-Visas and VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)-Self Petitions. These services are provided on a limited basis
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Religious workers visas, on a limited basis. Other employment-based immigration services are not provided.
- Referrals as appropriate
New walk-in consultation hours starting February 2017!!
Mondays: Naturalzation Walk-ins from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Tuesdays: Immigration Walk - ins: from 9:00 am to 11:30 am
Employment-based immigration assistance is not provided. ILS has the following professional, dedicated and experienced staff members:
Daniel Stutz, Director of Immigrant Legal Services, LL.M, BIA Accredited Representative
Trinidad Hernandez, Senior Immigration Counselor, BIA Accredited Representative
MRubin@wr.org>" rel="nofollow">Mia Rubin, Attorney and Citizenship Project Coordinator
Leonor Garcia, Immigration Attorney/Counselor
A $50 fee will be charged for the initial consultation. For additional legal services, affordable fees will be assessed.