At World Relief Chicago we want to connect your church to Chicago’s refugee and immigrant community.
We work to equip and train churches to build relationships with local refugees and immigrants. These relationships provide vital connections for arriving refugees and local immigrants, while opening the eyes of church volunteers eager to serve and learn from them. Both groups benefit from time spent in community with one another.
Here are some ways your church can get involved:
- Welcoming a refugee family through our Good Neighbor Team program
- Inviting a World Relief staff member to speak at your church
- Encouraging your congregation to check out our individual volunteer opportunities
- Praying for refugees and immigrants in our community
- Checking out our annual events like our spring benefit dinner and fall 5k
- Advocating for refugees and immigrants
- Supporting our clients and organization through financial giving
- Collecting household items and other supplies for recently arrived refugees
- Hosting a citizenship application workshop at your church
We’d love to hear about your church’s interest in refugee and immigrant ministry. We’d be glad to visit your church or invite you to our office in Albany Park!
Please contact Sara Aardema, Director of Volunteer & Church Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-681-8569 to get started!