Since 1987, WRC’s Immigrant Legal Services (ILS) has been committed to providing professional, compassionate and affordable immigration-related legal assistance and representation to low income immigrants and refugees in the Chicago metropolitan area.
ILS staff are bilingual in English and Spanish. In 1991, World Relief''s ILS department became recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice’s Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) as an agency authorized to provide legal services to immigrants.
Immigration and Citizenship Consultations
If you have a new immigration question or case, call our office at (773) 583-9191 to schedule an appointment. Both immigration and citizenship consultations are offered on Tuesday mornings, and citizenship consultations are offered on Monday afternoons. A $50 fee will be charged for the initial consultation. For additional legal services, affordable fees will be assessed.
Confidential ILS services include:
- Consultations to determine eligibility for immigration benefits and naturalization
- Applications for U.S. citizenship
- Family-based petitions, including consular processing
- Applications for permanent residence for refugees, asylees, persons paroled in the public interest and immigrants in general.
- Applications for Work permits
- Applications for Travel Documents and Re-entry Permits
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Applications for U-Visas and VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)-Self Petitions. These services are provided on a limited basis
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Religious workers visas, on a limited basis. Other employment-based immigration services are not provided
- Referrals as appropriate
Employment-based immigration assistance is not provided. ILS has the following professional, dedicated and experienced staff members:
Daniel Stutz, Director of Immigrant Legal Services, LL.M, BIA Accredited Representative
Trinidad Hernandez, Senior Immigration Counselor, BIA Accredited Representative
Mia Rubin, Attorney and Citizenship Project Coordinator
Leonor Garcia, Immigration Attorney/Counselor
A $50 fee will be charged for the initial consultation. For additional legal services, affordable fees will be assessed.
*Unfortunately our office is not wheelchair accessible.