Since 1987, WRC’s Immigrant Legal Services (ILS) has been committed to providing professional, compassionate and affordable immigration-related legal assistance and representation to low income immigrants and refugees in the Chicago metropolitan area.
ILS staff are bilingual in English and Spanish. In 1991, World Relief''s ILS department became recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice’s Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) as an agency authorized to provide legal services to immigrants.
Immigration and Citizenship Consultations
We have temporarily stopped the intake of initial consultations for immigration legal services or for citizenship. You can register your name on a waiting list and someone will call you when we offer consultations again.
If you have an immigration or citizenship case pending with us you can call (773) 583-9191. We apologize for any inconvenience
Confidential ILS services include:
- Consultations to determine eligibility for immigration benefits and naturalization
- Applications for U.S. citizenship
- Family-based petitions, including consular processing
- Applications for permanent residence for refugees, asylees, persons paroled in the public interest and immigrants in general.
- Applications for Work permits
- Applications for Travel Documents and Re-entry Permits
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Applications for U-Visas and VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)-Self Petitions. These services are provided on a limited basis
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Religious workers visas, on a limited basis. Other employment-based immigration services are not provided
- Referrals as appropriate
Employment-based immigration assistance is not provided. ILS has the following professional, dedicated and experienced staff members:
Daniel Stutz, Director of Immigrant Legal Services, LL.M, BIA Accredited Representative
Mia Rubin, Attorney and Citizenship Project Coordinator
A $50 fee will be charged for the initial consultation. For additional legal services, affordable fees will be assessed.
*Unfortunately our office is not wheelchair accessible.