Updates from Immigrant Legal Services
Intern Opportunity! Interested in interning within the ILS department? Click HERE to learn more about our current opening!
Citizenship Workshop: April 28th at Northwest Community Church from 9am-12pm. For more information, click HERE.
Interested in volunteering? We are seeking legal and non-legal volunteers! All inquiries can be directed to Kara Hirner at outreachWRC@wr.org or 773-681-8578.
ATTENTION: World Relief urges DACA recipients whose status expires in the next year to apply for renewal as soon as possible, while the injunction is still in effect, to preserve their DACA status. Rather than waiting to file renewal applications 150-120 days before the expiration of the DACA status, we have heard that individuals with DACA expiring through January 2019 have had their DACA renewal applications accepted by USCIS. As a reminder, for DACA renewal applicants who may not be able to afford the fee for renewal they may be able to receive scholarships from the Mission Asset Fund (MAF) or from the Mexican Consulate (for Mexican nationals only).
ATENCIÓN: World Relief insta a quienes tienen DACA cuyo estado expira el próximo año a solicitar la renovación lo más pronto posible, mientras la orden judicial aún esté vigente, para preservar su estado de DACA. En lugar de esperar para presentar las solicitudes de renovación 150-120 días antes del vencimiento del estado de DACA, hemos escuchado que las personas con DACA cuyos permisos expiran en enero de 2019 USCIS les ha aceptado sus solicitudes de renovación de DACA. Como recordatorio, para los solicitantes de renovación de DACA que no puedan pagar la tarifa de renovación, pueden recibir subsidios del Mission Asset Fund (MAF) o del Consulado de México (sólo para ciudadanos mexicanos).
Immigration and Citizenship Consultations are available!
We are currently accepting in-house initial consultations for immigration legal services or for citizenship. To schedule a consultation, please call (773) 583-9191 or stop by our office.
What does the Immigrant Legal Services Department Offer?
Confidential ILS services include:
- Consultations to determine eligibility for immigration benefits and naturalization
- Applications for U.S. citizenship
- Family-based petitions, including consular processing
- Applications for permanent residence for refugees, asylees, persons paroled in the public interest and immigrants in general.
- Applications for Work permits
- Applications for Travel Documents and Re-entry Permits
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Applications for U-Visas and VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)-Self Petitions. These services are provided on a limited basis
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Religious workers visas, on a limited basis. Other employment-based immigration services are not provided
- Referrals as appropriate
*Employment-based immigration assistance is not provided.
*A $50 fee will be charged for the initial consultation. For additional legal services, affordable fees will be assessed.
*Unfortunately our office is not wheelchair accessible.
ILS has the following professional, dedicated and experienced staff members:
Daniel Stutz, Legal Supervisor, LL.M, BIA Accredited Representative
Mia Rubin, Director of Immigrant Legal Services
Tyler Koteskey, Paralegal
Kara Hirner, Event and Outreach Coordinator